Every year Hoopfest is made possible by the 3,000 plus volunteers it takes to run the basketball-packed weekend in downtown Spokane. Offering a number of different positions, with varying times throughout the weekend, it is easy to find something that will fit just right for you! Can’t be here Hoopfest weekend? There are several volunteers needed for pre-Hoopfest tasks for which we would love your help. And of course, volunteering doesn’t come without its perks. As a token of our appreciation, every volunteer receives a free t-shirt.
Volunteers will receive a confirmation shortly after signing-up for Hoopfest. Final confirmations, including shift locations and times, will be sent approximately two-weeks prior to the Hoopfest weekend.
Be a part of the action! Get the prime spot for watching the games all weekend by being a court monitor. All levels of basketball experience are invited to participate, as we provide you with all the tools and trainings needed for a successful Hoopfest weekend. A limited number of applicants under the age of 16 will be accepted.
Things to note:
- Court monitoring at Hoopfest is a full weekend commitment.
- You will be invited to a two-hour training seminar to get you ready and prepared for the weekend.
- We attempt to honor all court requests. You may choose from youth, high school or adult courts – male, female or co-ed.
- Court monitors on youth courts (grades 3-9) will call all fouls.
- Players on high school and adult courts will call their own fouls.
- Monitors will receive a great package of Nike gear, including shoes.
If the high intensity of being a court monitor isn’t for you, we need volunteers for team check-in, merchandise, score keepers and more! Click here for a brief description of each volunteer opportunity.
Things to note:
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.